We would like to provide you with clear and concise information about the personal data salamanderstoves.com gathers, and exactly how you can view and control its handling.
On 25th May 2018, a new regulation comes into effect in the European Union, called General Data Protection Regulation. It provides strict and specific guidelines how personal data is collected and handled. This also affects companies and individuals that reside outside of the EU but collect data from EU citizens.
We completely agree that you should be able to see which information is gathered, why it is collected and how you can view it or opt-out altogether.
- Who we are
- What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Who we share your data with
- Who can see your personal information
- How long we retain your data
- How we protect your data and what data breach procedures we have in place
- What rights you have over your data
- Contact us
- Data Controller
- Changes to this policy
We are the company Salamander Stoves, We are a small family owned business based in sunny Devon. Specialising in the production of our flagship stove, ‘The Hobbit’ and owners of the salamanderstoves.com website.
You will find more information about us, including our full address, on our company website.
When you leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to us, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information submitted through the contact forms on our site are sent to our company email, hosted by Gmail. Google adheres to the EU “Privacy Shield” policy and you can find more information about this here.
While we keep these submissions for customer service purposes they are never used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties.
Our site uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics cookies – these are set for monitoring and tracking visitors behavior on the site.
- WordPress logged-in cookies – these are used by WordPress to authenticate logged-in visitors, password authentication and user verification.
- WooCommerce cookies – these are used by the WooCommerce plugin to track visitors and their purchased items in the cart.
|Name of Cookie||Purpose|
|_gat||Google Analytics cookie used to throttles number of requests received by users|
|_gid||Google Analytics cookie used to distinguish users on a website to generate statistical information about their use of the website|
|woocommerce_cart_hash||The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies. |
|cluid||Clicky analytics – by default, the Service does not log any Personal Data of End Users; IP addresses are anonymized, “Do Not Track” headers and global |
opt out cookies are honored, and custom data tracking is disabled
|_jsuid||Unique ID tracking cookie.|
Articles on this site may include embedded content, like YouTube videos, for example. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
In addition to Google Analytics, we are using the following statistics on our site for performance and monitoring:
- Affiliate performance statistics – statistics regarding our affiliates
- WooCommerce statistics – statistics regarding our sales, conversion rates, refunds, etc.
- Clicky statistics – statistics regarding our website usage.
We don’t share your data with third-parties in a way as to reveal any of your personal information like email, name, etc. However, some data is transferred and/or stored with third-party services we use, like cloud-based services and payment processors. This is done as a way to provide you with a better overall service and user experience.
Here are the services we use to make our own service better for you:
- WorldPay – we use WorldPay as one of our payment processor. During checkout, a client will provide login information and credit card info. This information is processed directly within this gateway payment and we do not save it on our sites.
If you are not registered on our site, there is no personal information we have or can see about you.
If you are a customer or registered on our website with a Salamander Stoves account, your personal information can be accessed by:
- Our administrators
- Our support when they need to (in order to provide support) get the information about the client accounts and access.
When you submit a support ticket or a comment, its metadata is retained until (if) you tell us to remove it. We use this data so that we can recognise you and approve your comments automatically instead of holding them for moderation.
If you register on our website, we also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. You can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except changing your username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information, except for your password information.
We protect customer data with the following site features:
- We encrypt any user passwords as they are stored in the database – we cannot decrypt these passwords
- Our CMS (WordPress) uses the following plugins to maintain security online:
- all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall – this provides a suite of options to provide security against hacking and other malicious activities
In case of a data breach, System administrators will immediately go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user. See contact information at the bottom of this policy.
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. In short, we cannot erase data that is vital to you being our customer (i.e. basic account information like an email address).
You can find additional information about related topics on the following pages:
If you have any questions about this policy or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email
- Salamander Stoves, Rosemount, Canada Hill, Ogwell, Devon TQ12 6AF. Tel: 01626 363507 / 01626 333230. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data controller The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Mark Lawrence.
This Policy is active as of the date below and is updated from time to time. We will notify you via your registered email address or a notice on this website prior to any significant changes becoming effective regarding Personal Data. You should periodically review this page for the latest information.
May 25 2018