The Little Range
£2450.00 (standard price)
The Little Range Cook Stove delivers all of the same great features as the Hobbit, with the added benefits of a larger stainless steel cooktop and a good-sized oven. Our Little Range has a 4.3kW output, it’s DEFRA approved, and it comes with a complimentary 7 year warranty when you register your stove with us.
The Little Range Cook Stove is also Eco Design 2022 approved! You can click here to read more. This stove complies with the new Eco Design regulations, which makes it suitable for any installations after the 1st January 2022.
Please note that flue parts are not included with the stove, and the lead time for any new orders for a Little Range is currently 14-16 weeks. The Little Range Cook Stove is finished in a flat black colourway as standard.
Please select from the following options available to customise your stove:
You can visit our stove extras area to find out more about each option.
- Multi-fuel cook stove compatible with wood, coal or eco logs
- High quality cast iron construction
- DEFRA approved
- 85.7% efficiency
- Reduced particulate and gas emissions
- Provides 4.3kW of efficient, clean burning heat
- New pre-heated tertiary air intake and enhanced pre-heated secondary combustion technology
- Air controls at the front of the stove, for improved usability
- Complimentary 7 year warranty when you register your Little Range with us
- Every stove is hand-finished, fettled and inspected at our Devon workshop
- Measures only 715mm wide, 400mm deep and 630mm high
- Glass window with greatly improved Airwash technology
- The compact size of the Little Range makes it ideal for supplying warmth, hot water and the ability to cook in household fireplaces, inglenooks, shepherds’ huts, garden rooms, tiny homes or other small spaces – any situation where space is at a premium
- Removable and easy to clean stainless steel hotplate, providing 221 square inches of cooking space
- 880 cubic inches of oven space
- Oven control lever and inset temperature gauge
- Capable of producing the entire off-grid hot water supply for a tiny home or off-grid cabin
- Improved main grate, for better multi-fuel capability
- Dust-free riddling and new ash direction plates for cleaner, more controlled de-ashing
- Manufactured and tested to the same high standards as our Hobbit stove
- Includes a top enamelled outer, which is easy to clean
- Includes a cast iron stand and a chrome oven tray
- Riddling grate, ash pan and multi-tool included
- Suitable as a free-standing appliance or it can be installed in a fireplace
- Independently tested, certified and approved to the new, more stringent, Eco Design standards which come into effect on the 1st January 2022
After 18 months of rigorous product design and prototyping, we developed our Little Range Cook Stove! It functions as a larger version of our Hobbit stove, with the added benefits of a much larger stainless steel cooktop and a good-sized oven.
The Little Range is a small cast iron multi-fuel stove that is able to burn wood, coal, or eco logs. It’s DEFRA approved, and it fully complies with the new Eco Design 2022 regulations, which makes it suitable for any installations after the 1st January 2022. Our Little Range is specifically designed for installations where the space for a range cooker might be more limited, and this makes our stove the ideal choice for small fireplaces where larger stoves simply won’t fit.
The Little Range provides ample space for a wide range of cooking, with 880 cubic inches of oven space and 221 square inches of hotplate. The top of our small cook stove is basically one big stainless steel hotplate for cooking! It has a stainless steel inset which can be easily removed for cleaning, and the wide range of cooking temperatures available across the surface of the hotplate makes it very versatile, allowing for a number of items to be cooked at varying speeds, all at the same time.
If required, it can produce the entire hot water supply for a tiny home or off-grid cabin. This can be done by adding a side boiler, which will sit inside the firebox of the stove on the right hand-side. The hot water that is produced can then be thermo-syphoned to a stainless steel chamber to produce hot water on tap! We’ve also designed a wide range of different flue kits which make it easy to install our small stoves into almost type of small space, and almost all of our high quality flue parts are manufactured by Midtherm.
Taking inspiration from the vast heritage of both UK and US cookstoves of the past, our Little Range combines traditional style with a modern, clean burning system – resulting in an efficient cook stove with plenty of charm and character. Our cook stove offers all of the same great features of a larger solid fuel range, but this is delivered in a smaller, perfectly formed and more compact design. Like a mini Aga or a tiny Rayburn, our solid fuel cooking range comes in a ‘Hobbit-sized’ package!
Cook stoves with top ovens are not really great at cooking anything, despite their name, which is why cookstoves and ranges like the Aga, Rayburn and the Esse Iron Heart have become successful and well-loved focal points of countless homes. However, due to their large size they can’t always find a home in small spaces! The Little Range is also a fantastic option for a medium sized fireplace where you want more than just heat, such as a farmhouse kitchen inglenook. Fitting a Little Range in one of these places will give you added cooking and heating potential, as well as a beautiful focal point for your room.
Rather than installing an ordinary stove in your fireplace, you could have a Little Range Cook Stove and transform your space into a tiny kitchen! Keeping warm and cooking up a storm, you will be living the ‘good life’ beside your Little Range! Make sure you also take a look at our online wood stove cookbook! Here, we’ve provided you with a huge range of recipes, tips and ideas that will inspire you to really make the most of your tiny cook stove!
|Flue outlet||100mm (4″)|
|Height (from floor to stovetop)||630mm|
|Depth (excluding stove doors and splashback)||400mm|
|Max log size (will take a larger log but this is the optimum size for stacking)||200mm (8″)|
|Window Dimensions||180mm x 155mm|
|Stainless Steel Hotplate Dimensions|
|Oven Internal Dimensions|
|Distance to combustible materials|
|Distance to combustible materials (with stove heat shields)|