Horsebox Flue Kit 2
This kit contains all of the components that you’ll need to install your small stove in a horsebox. The parts in this kit are the same as Horsebox Flue Kit 1, although the twin wall flue parts in this kit have a black powder coated finish, rather than the standard stainless steel finish. This installation kit includes the following components:
- 1x 1000mm of single wall flue pipe (black finish 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x 500mm of single wall flue pipe (black finish 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x Joint clip (to suit 100mm/4″ internal diameter SW flue)
- 1x Adaptor – single wall to twin wall flue (100mm/4″ internal diameter to 100mm/4″ internal diameter – black powder coated finish)
- 1x 800mm of twin wall flue pipe (black powder coated finish 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x 300mm of twin wall flue pipe (black powder coated finish 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x Flat trim plate (black powder coated finish)
- 2x Wall bands (black powdered coated finish – to suit 100mm/4″ internal diameter TW flue)
- 2x 50-100mm Wall band extension kits (black powder coated finish)
- 1x Silicone boot roof flashing & fixing kit
- 1x Storm collar (black powder coated finish to suit 100mm/4″ internal diameter TW flue)
- 1x Rain cap cowl (black powder coated finish 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x Closure cap (black powder coated finish 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x Cartridge of fire cement
- 1x Cartridge of heatproof silicone sealant
Our small stove has a 4” outlet, and we use 4”/100mm diameter single wall flue. If you would like a flue kit with a 5″/125mm sizing, then please specify this in the order note.
Please note that our stove is not included with this installation kit. This installation kit has been designed for a non-domestic setting. Please contact us if you have any questions about this.
Please note that any new orders for flue parts could take up to 10 working days to be delivered. If you need flue parts before this, then please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss availability.
The flue parts in this horsebox flue kit have been designed to exit straight up through the roof of your horsebox, which is the most straightforward and affordable way to install our tiny stove in your small space. By installing your stove with this horsebox flue kit, you will also benefit from the extra heat that will be radiated from your single wall flue pipes.
The roof height of your horsebox may vary, so you can cut the single wall flue pipe to whatever length you may need. Our horsebox flue kit includes an 800mm length of twin wall flue, which will exit from the inside of the cabin to the outside. The rain cap cowl can be added to the 800mm length of flue, but you can also add it to the 300mm length of flue pipe which is also included in this kit. This additional length of flue pipe is useful for improving the draw of your flue when your horsebox is parked up. The rain cap can be easily removed and replaced with a closure cap during longer drives, or if you wish to close the system off. The extra 300mm length of flue, the rain cap cowl, and the closure cap can each be easily interchanged with the flip over locking band system on this high quality flue kit.
If you’re looking to get stuck into some wood-fired stovetop cooking, then it’s worth contacting us to help you configure your flue kit with our rear exit kit. This liberates the entirety of your stovetop, which gives you more space for you to use a kettle or any pans on the top of your small stove. You can also add a stainless steel cooktop option to your Hobbit stove, which allows you to cook at a range of temperatures on your stovetop. This additional stove option also helps to prevent any abrasion to your stovetop which can be caused by your pans, and it’s also removable, which makes it quick and easy to clean.
Do I need an AD cowl?
If your horsebox is surrounded by trees or other buildings, then there might not be a consistent flow of air across the top of your flue. On stormy days you might experience down draught problems, where the flue draw momentarily stops. This can potentially lead to smoke being blown back into the stove. To eliminate this, the rain cap which is included in this flue kit can be swapped for an anti-down draught cowl.
Don’t forget to also check out our case studies page to see how other people have incorporated our small stove into the design of their horsebox!