The Hobbit SE
£865.00 (standard price)
The Hobbit stove SE is a small cast iron multi-fuel stove that is able to burn wood, coal or eco logs, and it’s specifically designed for installations where the space for a stove might be more limited. This makes our stove the ideal choice for small fireplaces where larger stoves simply won’t fit.
The Hobbit SE stove is Eco Design approved for 2022! You can click here to read more. This stove complies with the new Eco Design regulations, which makes it suitable for any installations after the 1st January 2022. The Hobbit SE has also passed the HETAS Cleaner Choice Scheme.
The Hobbit SE is a 4.1kW stove and it comes with a 5-year warranty when you register your stove with us. The Hobbit and the Hobbit SE are finished in a flat black colour as standard.
Any new orders for a Hobbit SE stove will now be shipped in the New Year.
Please select from the following options available to customise your stove:
You can visit our stove extras area to find out more about each option.
- Multi-fuel stove, compatible with wood, coal or eco logs
- High quality cast iron construction
- DEFRA exempt appliance, enabling you to burn wood and other fuels within a smoke control area
- New improved efficiency of 81.4%
- Reduced particulate and gas emissions
- Provides 4.1kW of efficient, clean burning heat
- New pre-heated tertiary air intake and enhanced pre-heated secondary combustion technology
- Air controls at the front of the stove, for improved usability
- Complimentary 5 year warranty when you register your Hobbit stove with us
- Every stove is hand-finished, fettled and inspected at our Devon workshop
- Measures only 302mm wide, 272mm deep and 465mm high
- Glass window with greatly improved Airwash technology
- Fits small household fireplaces, shepherds’ huts, canal boats, garden rooms and tiny homes – any situation where space is at a premium
- Improved main grate, for better multi-fuel capability
- Dust-free riddling and new ash direction plates for cleaner, more controlled de-ashing
- Riddling grate, ashpan and multi-tool included
- Independently tested, certified and approved to the new, more stringent, Eco Design standards which come into effect on the 1st January 2022
The Hobbit SE is a small cast iron multi-fuel stove that is able to burn wood, coal, or eco logs, and it fully complies with the new Eco Design 2022 regulations, which makes it suitable for any installations after the 1st January 2022. Our Hobbit SE is specifically designed for installations where the space for a stove might be more limited, and this makes our stove the ideal choice for small fireplaces where larger stoves simply won’t fit.
The Hobbit stove is available either as a standard version or the SE, DEFRA exempt model. You will need to purchase the SE if you live in a smoke control area. This is an area where you cannot emit smoke from a chimney unless you are burning smokeless fuels and wood or if you are using an exempt appliance, such as the Hobbit SE. If you’re unsure as to whether you live in a smoke control area or not, then it’s worth contacting your local council to find out more.
The compact size of the Hobbit SE also allows for any ornate period features of an older cast iron fire surround to be retained, enabling an inefficient open fire to be replaced with ease. Our small stove continues to provide the unmistakable warmth and glow of a crackling fire, which sits at the heart of every home. This can be viewed through the Hobbit SE’s clear glass pane thanks to our Airwash and clean burning technology.
The Hobbit SE’s excellent performance combined with its traditional, yet elegant styling, and its superb value for money, has led to our little stove finding its home in countless amazing small spaces and tiny homes. Our small stoves have provided light and warmth to canal boats, treehouses, yurts, bell tents, glamping pods, campervan conversions, horse boxes, shepherds’ huts, garden rooms, summer houses, luxury cabins and retreats, workshops, caravans, vardo wagons and more! We’ve also designed a range of different flue kits which make it easy to install our small stoves in almost any of these spaces, and almost all of our high quality flue parts are manufactured by Midtherm.
The Hobbit SE comes in a matte black colour as standard. However, our stove is sure to compliment any style of decor or interior design, as we offer a broad range of additional stove options as well as the unique ability to customise your stove with your own choice of colours.
|Nominal heat output||4.1kW|
|Total net energy efficiency|
|Manufactured smokeless fuel||81.4%|
|Energy efficiency class||A|
|Energy efficiency index (%)||105|
|Flue outlet||100mm (4")|
|Distance from rear of stove to the centre of the top flue exit||116mm|
|Distance from floor to the centre of the rear flue exit||373mm|
|Height (excluding stove collar)||460mm|
|Height (including stove collar)||465mm|
|Max log size (will take a larger log but this is the optimum size for stacking)||200mm (8")|
|Window Dimensions||180mm x 155mm|
|Distance to combustible materials|
|Distance to combustible materials (with heat shields)|
What's the difference between the Hobbit stove and the Hobbit SE?Both stoves have exactly the same measurements, and they offer the same features. There are just a few key differences between the two:
- The SE stands for Smoke Exempt, and it is the DEFRA exempt model of our stove that can be used to burn wood in Smoke Control Areas here in the UK. You can find out if you live in one of these areas by contacting your local council.
- The SE has a small, constant supply of air going into the firebox of the stove. This is to comply with regulations, and it just means that the SE is slightly harder to shut down overnight, as it will burn the fuel slightly quicker. We do not recommend shutting the stove down for prolonged periods of time, as this will lead to more soot or tarry deposits forming in the flue.
- The SE can be installed into a 5″ or a 6″ chimney liner, whereas the standard stove can only operate with a 6″ liner. This mainly applies to household chimney installations here in the UK. If you reside in an older property which has a narrow chimney, then you may find that you need to purchase the SE model so that you can use a 5″ liner.