Shepherd’s Hut Flue Kit 1
This flue kit has all of the components that you will need to install your small stove in a shepherd’s hut. This installation kit includes the following components:
- 1x 1000mm of single wall flue pipe (black finish 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x 500mm of single wall flue pipe (black finish 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x Joint clip (to suit 100mm/4″ internal diameter SW flue)
- 1x Adaptor – single wall to twin wall flue (100mm/4″ internal diameter to 125mm/5″ internal diameter)
- 1x Trim plate
- 1x Wall band (to suit 125mm/5″ internal diameter TW flue)
- 1x Silicone boot roof flashing and fixing kit
- 1x Storm collar (to suit 125mm/5″ internal diameter)
- 1x Rain cap cowl (125mm/5″ internal diameter)
- 1x 500mm of twin wall flue pipe (125mm/5″ internal diameter)
- 1x 300mm of twin wall flue pipe (125mm/5″ internal diameter)
- 1x Cartridge of fire cement
- 1x Cartridge of heatproof silicone sealant
Our small stove has a 4” outlet, and we use 4”/100mm diameter single wall flue. If you would like a flue kit with a 5″/125mm sizing, then please specify this in the order note.
Please note that our stove is not included with this installation kit.
The flue parts in this shepherd’s hut flue kit have been designed to exit straight up through the roof of your shepherd’s hut, which is the most straightforward and affordable way to install our tiny stove in your small space. By having single wall flue inside your shepherd’s hut, you will benefit from the additional heat that is released from the single wall flue as the flue gases exit through your roof.
You will still have enough space to use a small pan or a kettle on the top of your stove, but if you’re looking to get the most out of your stovetop, then you might be interested in incorporating our rear exit kit into the design of your flue system. This option is included in our second shepherd’s hut flue kit.
Our rear exit kit will liberate the entirety of your stovetop so that you can get stuck into some wood-fired cooking! This can be combined with the stainless steel cooktop option for your small stove, which allows you to cook at a range of temperatures on your stovetop. It also helps to prevent any abrasion that can be caused by your pans and it’s removable, which makes it quick and easy to clean.
Do I need an AD cowl?
If your shepherd’s hut is surrounded by trees or other buildings, then there might not be a consistent flow of air across the top of your flue. On stormy days you might experience down draught problems, where the flue draw momentarily stops. This can potentially lead to smoke being blown back into the stove. To eliminate this, the rain cap which is included in this shepherd’s hut flue kit can be swapped for an anti-down draught cowl.
Don’t forget to also check out our case studies to see how other people have incorporated our small stove into the design of their shepherd’s hut!