Tiny Home Flue Kit 2
This flue kit has all of the components that you will need to install your small stove in a tiny home. The flue parts in this kit are designed to exit through the wall of your tiny home, rather than through the roof. This installation kit includes the following components:
- 1x 250mm of single wall flue pipe (black finish, 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x 45 degree elbow in single wall flue (black finish, 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x Joint clip (to suit 100mm/4″ internal diameter SW flue)
- 1x Adaptor – single wall to twin wall flue (100mm/4″ internal diameter to 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 2x 1000mm of twin wall flue pipe (100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x 45 degree elbow in twin wall flue (100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x 500mm of twin wall flue pipe (100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x 300mm of twin wall flue pipe (100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 2x Wall band (to suit 100mm/4″ internal diameter TW flue)
- 2x Trim plate
- 1x Rain cap cowl (100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x Cartridge of fire cement
- 1x Cartridge of heatproof silicone sealant
Our small stove has a 4” outlet, and we use 4”/100mm diameter single wall flue. If you would like a flue kit with a 5″/125mm sizing, then please specify this in the order note.
Please note that our stove is not included with this installation kit, and you can click here to read more about our emergency maintenance kit.
In contrast to our first tiny home flue kit, the flue pipes in this kit will exit through the wall of your tiny home, before going straight up the side of your tiny home in twin wall flue. This installation kit frees up a substantial amount of space inside your tiny home, and it’s also useful if you have to arrange your flue pipes around any combustible surfaces or windows, or if you cannot exit through the section of roof directly above your stove.
You will still have enough space to use a kettle or a pan on your stovetop, but if you’re looking to get stuck into some wood-fired stovetop cooking then it’s worth contacting us to help you configure your flue kit with our rear exit kit. This liberates the entirety of your stovetop, which gives you more space for you to use a kettle or any pans with your small stove. You can also add a stainless steel cooktop option to your Hobbit stove, which allows you to cook at a range of temperatures on your stovetop. This additional stove option also helps to prevent any abrasion to your stovetop which can be caused by your pans, and it’s also removable, which makes it quick and easy to clean.
Do I need an AD cowl?
If your tiny home is surrounded by trees or other buildings, then there might not be a consistent flow of air across the top of your flue. On stormy days you might experience down draught problems, where the flue draw momentarily stops. This can potentially lead to smoke being blown back into the stove. To eliminate this, the rain cap which is included in this flue kit can be swapped for an anti-down draught cowl.
Don’t forget to also check out our case studies page to see how other people have incorporated our small stove into the design of their tiny home!