Log Cabin Flue Kit 1
This flue kit has all of the components that you will need to install your small stove in a log cabin or a similar structure. We designed this flue kit in collaboration with William Hardie, who is the head of the design team for “George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces” on Channel 4.
The silicone boot roof flashing included in this kit is perfect for cabins with a metal roof, and this kit also includes an AD cowl. This installation kit comprises of the following components:
- 1x Rear flue wedge (black finish 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x 1000mm of single wall flue pipe with an inspection door (black finish 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x 500mm of single wall flue pipe (black finish 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 1x 250mm of single wall flue pipe (black finish 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 2x 30 degree elbows (black finish 100mm/4″ internal diameter)
- 6x Joint clips (stainless steel finish – to suit 100mm/4″ internal diameter SW flue pipes )
- 1x Adaptor – single wall to twin wall flue (100mm/4″ internal diameter to 125mm/5″ internal diameter)
- 1x 1000mm of twin wall flue pipe (125mm/5″ internal diameter)
- 1x Wall band
- 1x 150-300mm Wall band extension kit (to suit 125mm/5″ internal diameter flue pipe)
- 1x Flat trim plate
- 1x Silicone boot roof flashing and fixing kit
- 1x AD cowl (125mm/5″ internal diameter TW flue)
- 1x Cartridge of fire cement
- 1x Cartridge of heatproof silicone sealant
Our small stove has a 4” outlet, and we use 4”/100mm diameter single wall flue. If you would like a flue kit with a 5″/125mm sizing, then please specify this in the order note.
Please note that our stove is not included with this installation kit. This installation kit has been designed for a non-domestic setting. Please contact us if you have any questions about this.
Please note that any new orders for flue parts could take up to 10 working days to be delivered. If you need flue parts before this, then please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss availability.
The flue parts in this log cabin flue kit have been designed to exit straight up through the roof of your cabin, which is the most straightforward and affordable way to install our tiny stove in your small space. By installing your stove with this log cabin flue kit, you will also benefit from the extra heat that will be radiated from your single wall flue pipes. The orange silicone boot flashing is perfect for roofs with metal profiled sheets, as this particular flashing can be moulded to the shape of your roof before being fixed into position. The silicone boot roof flashing is shielded by the storm collar, but you can also easily spray paint the flashing black if you would like it to blend in with your roof more or if you have chosen the black twin wall option.
In this log cabin flue kit, the flue is offset by positioning the 500mm length of flue pipe between two 30 degree elbows. An inspection door is also built into the 1000mm length of flue pipe, which makes the flue system much easier to clean and maintain. The flue pipes in this kit exit from the stove with the use of our rear exit kit, which can be fire cemented into the collar at the rear of our tiny stove. Exiting from the back of our small stove liberates your stovetop, so that you have more space for boiling a kettle or for some stovetop cooking! You can also add a stainless steel cooktop option to your Hobbit stove, which allows you to cook at a range of temperatures on your stovetop. This additional stove option also helps to prevent any abrasion to your stovetop which can be caused by your pans, and it’s also removable, which makes it quick and easy to clean.
Do I need an AD cowl?
If your cabin is surrounded by trees or other buildings, then there might not be a consistent flow of air across the top of your flue. On stormy days you might experience down draught problems, where the flue draw momentarily stops. This can potentially lead to smoke being blown back into the stove. To eliminate this, an anti-down draught cowl is included with this flue kit.
Don’t forget to also check out our case studies page to see how other people have incorporated our small stove into the design of their cabin!